Onxeo is a clinical-stage biotechnology company designing and developing novel oncology drugs targeting tumor DNA repair functions.
Our therapeutic strategy focuses on fighting tumor resistance to treatments, which poses ever-greater therapeutic challenges, especially in aggressive or rare cancers. Our approach is based upon unique mechanisms of action on DNA Damage Response. We focus on bringing first-in-class and disruptive compounds from preclinical research to proof-of-concept in man in cancer indications with high unmet needs.
We seek to transform breakthrough scientific opportunities into treatments through translational and clinical expertise, developing products to the stage where they are compelling opportunities for partners. Therefore, we are focused on advancing products from preclinical stage to optimal inflection points (usually phase 2 clinical proof-of-concept studies). Once proof of concept is established, we seek to monetize the assets through various types of deals, thereby generating revenue and value.
Our inherent value rests on the significant potential of our product pipeline and the expertise of our highly professional team.
We are a passionate team of scientists and business professionals, with robust in-house translational and clinical expertise to drive our programs to their maximum value-inflection points and generate value and growth through collaborations.
We are led by a senior management team with extensive life sciences industry experience in international venues and a proven track record in translational research, clinical development, regulatory affairs and business development.
Our proprietary platform of decoy oligonucleotides, platON™, generates innovative compounds targeting tumor DNA repair functions through a decoy mechanism with an agonist effect.
This mechanism of action is unlike any other investigated or available today in this field. It has the capacity to address new & multiple DNA repair pathways and to target the DNA Damage Response without inducing resistance.
platON™ has already generated two very innovative molecules.
- AsiDNA™ is a first-in-class DDR inhibitor, currently in clinical trials. Thanks to its very differentiated ability to abrogate tumor acquired resistance, AsiDNA™ could be used in multiple therapeutic applications, notably in combination with DNA-damaging treatments as well as targeted therapies. Unlike inhibitors of a single DDR pathway or protein such as PARP inhibitors, AsiDNA™ acts upstream of multiple pathways, to divert DNA repair proteins from their true targets without inducing resistance. Thanks to a good safety profile, AsiDNA™ is particularly amenable to combination treatment, a standard of care in aggressive or resistant cancers. AsiDNA™ is currently evaluated in a phase 1b study in combination with chemotherapy and in the phase 1b/2 REVOCAN study in addition to PARP inhibitor niraparib in relapsed ovarian cancer.
- OX401 is the newest addition in the pipeline, currently undergoing preclinical proof of concept studies, alone and in combination with checkpoint inhibitors. At the crossroads of DNA damage response and immunotherapy, OX401 is designed to be a PARP agonist that does not induce resistance but triggers a strong immune response through the activation of the STING pathway.
Onxeo is a public company, listed on Euronext Growth Paris (Ticker ALONX) : ISIN FR0010095596.
We strive to provide our investors with ongoing and transparent information beyond regulatory guidelines.
Onxeo results from the trans-national merger in 2014 of the French specialty biopharmaceutical company BioAlliance Pharma, with the Danish biotechnology company TopoTarget.
Created in 1997 and listed in 2005 on Euronext Paris, BioAlliance Pharma focused on the treatment of cancer-related pathologies, chemotherapy and radiotherapy-induced complications and opportunistic infections in immuno-compromised patients, notably thanks to products and candidates based on its proprietary Lauriad® muco-adhesive technology and Transdrug™ nanoparticules technology.
Created in 2000 and listed in 2005 on Nasdaq Copenhagen, TopoTarget was a research-based biotechnology company focused on oncology drug discovery and development.
Since the merger, Onxeo is listed on both Euronext Paris and Nasdaq Copenhagen (ONXEO - FR0010095596).
Onxeo has then progressively redirected its activities solely on its value-added oncology programs:
- first with belinostat, the HDAC inhibitor resulting from the merger with TopoTarget, and marketed since 2014 in the United States by Acrotech Biopharma LLC under the name Beleodaq® for the second-line treatment of peripheral T-cell lymphoma,
- and now, thanks to the acquisition of DNA Therapeutics in 2016, with its platON™ platform and its first two products in the sought-after field of DNA Damage Response, AsiDNA™ and OX401.
The new strategic positioning was furthered in 2017 with :
- the sale of two historical products Sitavig® (acyclovir Lauriad® for the treatment of herpes labialis) and Loramyc® (miconazole Lauriad® for the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis) to Vectans Pharma, a French private pharmaceutical company ;
- the discontinuation of the doxorubicine Transdrug™ program ;
- the grant of a global exclusive license of Validive® (clonidine Lauriad® for the treatment of severe oral mucositis) to a US biopharmaceutical company, Monopar Therapeutics (Chicago, IL).
In April 2020, Onxeo finalized its transition into a company solely focused on DDR-related programs with the grant of exclusive worldwide rights to belinostat to Acrotech Biopharma LLC.
The Company has successfully led three products to registration in multiple countries, including with the US (FDA) and European (EMA) authorities, sold or licensed four drugs and successfully executed one international merger (Topotarget, Denmark in 2014) and one acquisition (DNA Therapeutics, France in 2016).
Onxeo is now building upon this extensive experience to become a key biotech player in oncology in the sought-after field of DNA damage response.