Onxeo is a French clinical-stage biotechnology company designing and developing novel oncology drugs targeting tumor DNA-binding functions.
Our therapeutic strategy focuses on fighting tumor resistance to treatments which poses ever-greater therapeutic challenges, further more so in aggressive or rare cancers. Our approach is based upon unique mechanisms of action on DNA Damage Response and immune response. We focus on bringing first-in-class and disruptive compounds from translational research to proof-of-concept in man in cancer indications with high unmet needs.
We seek to transform breakthrough scientific opportunities into treatments through translational and clinical expertise, developing products up to the stage where they become compelling opportunities for partners. This means moving products from preclinical stage (1 to 2 years from IND) to optimal inflexion points (usually phase 2 clinical proof-of-concept studies). Once the proof of concept is established, we seek to license these products to pharmaceutical partners, who have the capacity to conduct the registration phases and then market the products.
Our added value rests on solid assets:
We are a passionate team of scientists and business professionals, with robust in-house translational and clinical expertise to drive our programs to their best value-inflection points and generate collaborations.
We are led by a senior management team with extensive life sciences industry experience in international venues and a proven track record in translational research, clinical development, regulatory affairs and business development.
Our proprietary platform of decoy oligonucleotides, platON™, generates innovative compounds targeting tumor DNA-binding functions through a decoy mechanism with an agonist effect.
This mechanism of action is unlike any other investigated today. It has the capacity to to address new & multiple DNA repair pathways and to target both the DNA Damage Response and the immune response, without inducing resistance.
platON™ has already generated two very innovative molecules.
- AsiDNA™ is a first-in-class DDR inhibitor, currently in clinical trials, with potential in multiple therapeutic applications, alone and in combination with DNA-damaging treatments as well as targeted therapies. Unlike inhibitors of a single DDR pathway or protein such as PARP inhibitors, AsiDNA™ acts as an agonist, upstream of multiple pathways, to divert DNA repair proteins from their true targets without inducing resistance.
- OX401 is the newest addition in the pipeline. At the crossroads of DNA damage response and immunotherapy, OX401 is designed to be a next-generation PARP inhibitor that does not induce resistance but triggers a strong immune response through the activation of the STING pathway. OX401 is currently undergoing preclinical proof of concept studies, alone and in combination with checkpoint inhibitors.
Onxeo also owns belinostat, a potent HDAC inhibitor already marketed in the United States by a partener, under conditional approval from the FDA, for the treatment of peripheral T-cell lymphoma (PTCL).
Onxeo is a public company, listed on Euronext Paris and on Nasdaq Copenhagen : ONXEO - FR0010095596.
We strive to provide our shareholders, specialized and generalist asset managers and the financial community at large with ongoing and transparent information beyond regulatory guidelines.
Onxeo results from the transnational merger in 2014 of the French specialty biopharmaceutical company BioAlliance Pharma, with the Danish biotechnology company TopoTarget.
Created in 1997 and listed in 2005 on Euronext Paris, BioAlliance Pharma focused on the treatment of cancer-related pathologies, chemotherapy and radiotherapy-induced complications and opportunistic infections in immuno-compromised patients, notably thanks to products and candidates based on its proprietary Lauriad® muco-adhesive technology and Transdrug™ nanoparticules technology.
Created in 2000 and listed in 2005 on Nasdaq Copenhagen, TopoTarget was a research-based biotechnology company focused on oncology drug discovery and development.
Since the merger, Onxeo is listed on both Euronext Paris and Nasdaq Copenhagen (ONXEO - FR0010095596).
Onxeo has then progressively redirected its activities solely on its value-added oncology programs, first belinostat, the HDAC inhibitor brought in by the merger with TopoTarget and now, thanks to the acquisition of DNA Therapeutics in 2016, its first two products in the sought-after field of DNA Damage Response, AsiDNA™ and OX401.
The new strategic positioning was completed in 2017 with :
- the sale of two historical products Sitavig® (acyclovir Lauriad® for the treatment of herpes labialis) and Loramyc® (miconazole Lauriad® for the treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis) to Vectans Pharma, a French private pharmaceutical company ;
- the discontinuation of the doxorubicine Transdrug™ program ;
- the grant of a global exclusive license of Validive® (clonidine Lauriad® for the treatment of severe oral mucositis) to a US biopharmaceutical company, Monopar Therapeutics (Chicago, IL).
The Company has successfully led three products to registration in multiple countries, including with the US (FDA) and European (EMA) authorities, sold or licensed four drugs and successfully executed one international merger (Topotarget, Denmark in 2014) and one acquisition (DNA Therapeutics, France in 2016).
Onxeo is now building upon this extensive experience to become a key biotech player in oncology in the sought-after fields of DNA damage response and immune response.
Last updated on